No matter if you are an active member of the military or a veteran, you should definitely explore all the opportunities that insurance companies have for you to offer. Thus, apart from saving money and adjusting your coverage when deployed, you can also extend some of your advantages to your family members. Tailored around the special needs of this demographic group, insurance companies offer veterans and active military members special rates and discounts that are not available to civilian customers. But what can veterans count on, and how can they benefit from the military car insurance policy to the maximum?
Military Car Insurance - Key Benefits
It may seem that there are no prominent differences between regular and military car insurance. In fact, the two are not the same, especially when it comes to user agreement conditions. Military verification services, such as SCRACVS, understand military families are in different circumstances and offer policies that address their needs. Here are some of the advantages that military car insurance can provide you with:
- Deployment discounts and flexible insurance options - you can get deployment discounts of up to 15% if you provide proof of deployment. There are different discounts for customers who are honorably discharged, retired, and active duty veterans. There are even emergency deployment discounts for those deployed to a dangerous area;
- Car storage discounts - if you have to temporarily move out of the state and need to leave your vehicle in storage while you are away, then you can qualify for a discount with military car insurance. Discounts can sometimes reach up to 60%, which allows you to save quite a lot for the time that you are not driving your car. Besides that, you can count on the coverage if your family members are using a vehicle while you are far away;
- Different coverage options - if it is a long time that your car is out of use, there are liability-only, comprehensive, and collision insurance that you can choose from. Feel free to adjust your car insurance coverage to reduce your rates.
How to Choose a Car Insurance Provider?
Instead of choosing a car insurance company randomly, you should check a couple of important criteria since insurance providers are not the same. So when purchasing a policy, consider the following:
- Available coverage options and your needs - make sure that an insurance company offers options that match your needs. Otherwise, you will hardly benefit from purchasing an insurance policy. So you need to find a company that offers the coverage you need and makes the process of changing your coverage hassle-free;
- Discounts offered - make sure that the offered discount will be potentially beneficial to you. Be it storage, deployment, safe driver, or good student discounts, you should find an option that works best in your particular case;
- Customer service - absolute transparency about prices and coverage, professional and timely customer support - this is something that you should be guided by. Do not be lazy - check dedicated forums and reviews from real customers of the company that you want to sign an agreement with;
- Claim satisfaction - there should be a history of customer claims satisfaction in a particular insurance company. This allows you to send a claim and make payouts in a reasonable amount of time.
- Price - you can spend different amounts when purchasing military car insurance from different companies. There is no standardized fee as such. Not to overpay a dime, you should check all the available offers on the market and pick the most profitable rates. You can narrow your search from there by filtering all the available offers by the available coverage options, discounts, customer service, and claim satisfaction.
How Can You Save on Car Insurance?
Of course, getting military car insurance is already a good thing. However, there are still some good ways for military veterans, active members, and their families to save even more money. Take the below steps to make the max out of paying for military insurance:
- Shop around and look for the most beneficial deals available on the market today. Do not rush to contact the first insurance company that you manage to find. Instead, compare the rates and offers, think about your needs, and find a perfect match;
- Ask about discounts. At some companies, it is unclear what discount and service package you can count on as an active military member or a veteran. So do not be shy talk to agents and ask questions that are of interest to you;
- Bundle your insurance. It is extremely comfortable to have one-pack insurance covering all your needs. Bundle all your policies with the same company - and you can get a juicy discount;
- Adjust your coverage based on your needs and status as it is still possible to lower your rates. For example, if you are married or moved to another state, you can count on a decrease in payment.
Even if some policy specs may seem to be obvious to you, we still highly recommend that you check them with the insurance company before purchasing a service pack from them.