If you are a person working as an accountant in a firm then you must be aware of Quickbooks. This is a platform where anyone can manage the work of accounting and bookkeeping activities. Quickbooks accounting software is developed by Intuit for all the small and mid-sized enterprises around the world. Apart from Quickbooks software, Intuit develops many other tools to support QuickBooks users while using Quickbooks. There are many tools such as QB diagnostic tool, QB File Doctor, QB clean Install Tool, QB refresh tool, and many more.
Today we are going to explain how QB file doctor, one of the tools developed by Intuit, can resolve QB errors that occur within Quickbooks. So let's get started.
What is a File Doctor QuickBooks Tool?
QuickBooks File Doctor, a tool available to Quickbooks users, is designed to support users with any kind of issues related to network connectivity or damage to the company files. A user-friendly and versatile desktop file doctor software, QB desktop file doctor is designed with a user-friendly interface that anyone can use and diagnose the defective files using. The QB company file cannot be fixed without a scan. There's one more tool that resolves network connectivity issues called Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool that is widely used by QB users around the world.
Type of QuickBooks File Repair?
When you are about to use QB file doctor, it becomes necessary to know which file doctor you are using to resolve QB errors. There are three types of File Doctor Tool that you will encounter
1: In-Built File Doctor Tool
Quickbooks 2016 and later are supported by this category
2: Stand-Alone Version of QB File Doctor
The stand-alone version is used widely around the world and can be downloaded from the official site of Intuit through a good internet connection.
3: File Doctor with QB Tool Hub
QB File doctor is also available within QB Tool hub, a hub of different tools developed by Intuit for QB users.
Types of QB Error Resolved Through File Doctor
- QuickBooks Error 6150
- QuickBooks Error 6000 82
- QuickBooks Error code 6000 305
- Quickbooks Error code 6000 301
- Quickbooks Error code 6147
- Quickbooks Error code 6130
- Blank or missing customer list or vendor list from the company file.
- Blank Display screen
- QuickBooks Network error H101, H202, H303, or H505 over a multi-user mode.
- When a sample company file is only accessible but company files get totally damaged.
How To Download Quickbooks File Repair Tool?
To use the tool to fix QB errors you are required to download the tool on your system. We explain the downloading procedure of all three versions of the QB File Doctor below.
1: The Stand-Alone Version
- Intuit offers a QuickBooks doctor file for download on its official website
- You can now begin the installation by running the QBFD.exe file.
- As soon as you have completed installation, the file doctor will open automatically
2: QB File Doctor within QB Tool Hub
● From the official Intuit website, download the QB Tool Hub.
- Place it in an easily accessible location, such as the Desktop.
- The QuickBooksToolHub.exe file should now be opened
- After installing the tool hub, follow the instructions displayed on the screen
- The installation process now takes some time
- To open the icon from the desktop, double-click on it after installation.
- You will now see six tabs with vertical alignment on the Tool hub page once it opens.
- You will find the company file doctor option in the second tab, namely the company file issue, where you can correct QuickBooks company file errors.
3: The Built-in Version
The built-in version is available in Quickbooks 2016 and the older version. As this version is built-in, it detects the issue itself and the scans start scanning themselves.
How To Use a File Doctor to Fix QB Errors?
There are three different ways to use the file doctor tool to eradicate QB errors from the system.
1: QB File Doctor Stand Alone-Version
- Once the Installing done the tool automatically opens up
- The Browse option on your computer can be used to locate the file manually.
- Once you have clicked on the Diagnose File button, select the option Check file damage
- Now the scanning starts detecting the issue.
- In the tool window presented after the scan is completed, choose wisely from two options to fix the error;
- Option 1- If you are receiving the 6000 error
- Option 2- If you are receiving H101, H202, H303, H505 errors
- After selecting one of the options enter the Admin Password
- Hit the Next
- Here, you'll have a choice between the two options
- Workstation option- if you are scanning on the system where the Company File is stored
- Server option- If you are scanning the system that does not store the company file
- Select Yes if you are running the scan within the QuickBooks Server
- Select No If you are working on the QuickBooks Workstation
- After the above steps, the tool starts determining the issues through scanning.
- Now close the file doctor and open the QuickBooks Company file.
2: QB File Doctor within Tool Hub
- The Tool hub can now be accessed by double-clicking on the icon after the successful installation.
- Under the Home option, click the second window titled Company File Issues.
- Within the Company file issue, you will find the Fix My Company File button
- Afterward, hit the Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the document you want to repair.
- Now enter your administrator credentials and click on the next button to begin the scanning process.
3: Built-in Version of Quickbooks File Repair
- Quickbooks can be launched without a company file, with the built-in version
- Here, select the File menu
- Choose Utilities from the drop-down menu
- Now, you can launch the File Doctor to repair files and networks that are having problems.
- Choosing the company file where the error occurs
- Click the Open button again
- Now hit the scan option to start the determination process of error
- Please click on the next option
- You are required to enter the correct credentials of admin f within the specified fields
- Click next.
- Now the scanning starts to fix the issue
- Attempt to open your company file after the process has been completed.
Hopefully, you liked the article upon QB File Doctor. This article gives you every inch of information about the file doctor tool. Through this guide, you will learn the methods to fix QB errors that interrupt your ongoing work.